Fact: I am inherently dubious about cauliflower rice. (It is not rice, people)
Fact: This dish makes me a believer!
Yields: 4 servings
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil (the flavor is rich and more fragrant than olive oil)
- 1/2 cup yellow onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 large crown of cauliflower, run through a food processor to make a fine grain “rice”
- 2 cups carrots, diced
- 2 cups fish or frozen peas
- 2 eggs, scrambled
- 2 dozen fresh or frozen shrimp, tails off
- 1 tablespoon low sodium soy sauce or liquid amino
- In a large skillet, cook garlic and onion in sesame oil on medium heat for 3 minutes.
- Add cauliflower, carrots, peas, and uncooked scrambled eggs to the skillet. Combine & cook for 2 more minutes.
- Add shrimp and liquid aminos (or soy sauce). Cook until shrimp are pink and vegetables are tender.
- Serve it up in your favorite bowl.
Natalie Sabin has a M.S. in Nutrition & Performance, is a Mayo Clinic trained wellness coach, and Precision Nutrition Level 2 certified. She has helped hundreds of clients simplify nutrition and reach their goals since she joined the Born Fitness team in 2017.