This elevated grilled cheese sandwich gives you all the comfort of the original. With its sweet and savory flavor, you would never guess there is 17g of fiber!
- 2 slices Dave’s Killer Bread 21 Whole Grains and Seeds
- 2 strips uncured turkey bacon
- 1/2 ripe pear, thinly sliced
- 2 handfuls raw spinach
- ¼ avocado smashed
- ½ Tbsp dijon mustard
- 1-2 slice gouda cheese
Elevated Grilled Cheese Directions
Prepare the “inside”
- Cook turkey bacon in a pan. Remove bacon, set aside.
- In the same pan cook raw spinach and sliced pears 30-40 seconds (leaves will wilt and pears become tender). Remove, set aside.
- Smear smashed avocado and dijon on bread.
- Top with cooked bacon, pears, spinach, and cheese.
- In the same pan, grill both sides until bread is toasted and cheese is melted.