If you haven’t heard, fiber is beneficial. Including fiber from whole foods like vegetables and whole grains helps maintain a healthy body weight, reduce cholesterol, balances blood sugar levels, and keeps you feeling satisfied.
If you don’t like to count calories but want to eat better, set a goal to include more fiber. Men 30-25g, Females 20-25g
Why I love it: Little culinary skills needed. Easy ingredients. Tastes amazing and you get pasta!
- Roasted Broccoli, carrots, and onion (details on roasting below)
- Baked or grilled chicken
- Spices of your choice (I used Weber Grill Steak Seasoning)
- Whole Grain Rigatoni
Roasted Veggies Directions
- On a baking sheet spread out chopped vegetables.
- Drizzle 1 tablespoon avocado or oil and toss to coat veggies evenly.
- Bake on 350 for 15 minutes (this will keep them crisp and bright).
- Season chicken with spices.
- Grill or bake thinly cut chicken breast. (Bake 350 for approximately 15 minutes)
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Combine roasted vegetables and chicken. Serve.
Natalie Sabin has a M.S. in Nutrition & Performance, is a Mayo Clinic trained wellness coach, and Precision Nutrition Level 2 certified. She has helped hundreds of clients simplify nutrition and reach their goals since she joined the Born Fitness team in 2017.