It’s a snack. It’s a meal. And it goes great with chips. There are few options that are both as healthy and flavorful as ceviche. This simple recipe loads up on the protein and allows you to cook this in about 20 minutes. The hard part: Waiting for it to marinate in the fridge without digging in prematurely.
Born Fitness Recipes: Seafood Ceviche
Prep time: 20 minutes
Serving size: about 4 servings
- 1/2 pound of shrimp, sliced
- 1/2 pound of scallops, sliced
- 1/2 cup lime juice
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 6 green onions, minced
- 2 cup diced tomatoes
- 1 serrano pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sriracha
- 2 sprigs fresh cilantro
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped parsley
- In a casserole dish (Pyrex or ceramic), place the seafood, onion, tomatoes, serrano pepper, salt, and sriracha.
- Cover with lime and lemon juice.
- Let sit covered in the refrigerator for an hour, then stir, making sure more of the seafood is covered in the juices.
- Let sit for another 3-4 hours, giving time for the flavors to blend.
- Top with chopped cilantro and parsley and slices of avocado. Serve with flour tortillas, chips, or on its own.