- 1 cup gluten-free rolled oats
- 1 tbsp. chia seeds
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. Stevia or raw unfiltered honey
- ½ scoop protein powder**
- ¼ tsp. cinnamon
- ½ tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 cup egg whites
- 2 whole eggs, pasture-raised
- ¼ cup unsweetened non-dairy milk
- 2 tbsp. maple syrup, grade B
- 4 slices turkey bacon, uncured & nitrate-free
- 5 pitted dates, chopped
- 1 tbsp. grass-fed butter
**We used Athletic Greens grass-fed whey isolate, vanilla
- In a small saute pan on medium-high heat, cook bacon until crispy. Removed bacon from pan, crumble into small bits and set aside.
- Add the dry ingredients—oats, chia, baking powder, Stevia, protein powder and cinnamon—in a blender or food processor. Pulse until smooth. Set aside
- Whisk the eggs, egg whites & milk in a medium mixing bowl. Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients.
- Take a paper towel to wipe the pan clean, then add 1 tsp. butter to grease. On medium-heat heat, add ¼ pancake batter. Add ¼ chopped dates and crumbled bacon on top. When batter begins to bubble, it’s ready to flip.
- Repeat with remaining batter. Serve with maple syrup and grass-fed butter. To cut down on the sugar, mix the maple syrup with equal parts water and 1 tbsp. butter. Heat in microwave for 15 seconds, stir and pour over pancakes. Enjoy immediately.
Nutritional Information & Macros
Dietary Information: Gluten Free
- 387 calories
- 8.75g fat
- 40g carbs
- 37.2g protein
Adam Bornstein is a New York Times bestselling author and, according to The Huffington Post, “one of the most inspiring sources in all of health and fitness.” An award-winning writer and editor, Bornstein was the Fitness and Nutrition editor for Men’s Health, Editorial Director at LIVESTRONG.com, and a columnist for SHAPE, Men’s Fitness, and Muscle & Fitness. He’s also a nutrition and fitness advisor for LeBron James, Cindy Crawford, Lindsey Vonn, and Arnold Schwarzenegger. His work has been featured in dozens of publications, including The New York Times, Fast Company, ESPN, and GQ, and he’s appeared on Good Morning America, The Today Show, E! News, and The Cheddar.